Thursday, August 19, 2010

School's Back "From" Summer...


Today was Jarrett's first day of 1st grade and he was so excited that he could not get to sleep last night. He even hung is backpack on the doorknob because he didn't "want to forget it!!" Ha!Ha! He finally fell asleep after a billion questions and a sweet bedtime story. Here is my Jarrett...or J Money...as we affectionately call him sometimes...before Mama woke him up for school.

Since Mama is a teacher, Daddy takes J$ to school each day and picks him up in the afternoon. Daddy snapped a couple cute pics on their way to school this morning. He's such a "poser" for pics...love him! He's rockin' his school outfit with his new, super-cool Lego backpack.

 
 

When I came home from school myself this evening, he was waiting for me at the door to shout to the world that this was, "the best day of my life!" So cute! He was pumped about the new lockers and new desks as this is the opening year of the completely renovated school building and it is just gorgeous. He's a lucky little boy to attend a state-of-the-art, beautiful, charming, and inspiring new school. Thanks so much Mrs. J for a wonderful first day!! Just a few minutes ago he said, "I can't wait 'til tomorrow." When I asked why, he said, "because I want to go back to school! I love school!" Mrs. J is definitely a good one! I don't know what she did to him, but it wiped him out..and he's not a napper! He's out and snoring with his leg hiked up on Boss. Love them.